A Place for my Knitting

Friday, May 11, 2007

Chan's Contest

So, what gives you hope?

In todays busy life there are few that stop to smell the roses. We are always rushing around from home to work and back home again. I see so many rushing around and not caring about their fellow man or woman for that matter.

Yet, every once in a while you will see a child do something that makes them stand out from the rest of us. They will stop to find joy in the simplest of things. When they stand out side in a snow storm with their little faces turned skyward just to catch that perfect snowflake. They will play with other children no matter their race, color or creed. These little glimpses of innocence are what fill me with hope.

How do you recharge and get energized when you're feeling drained?

When I have had a rough day or week I take my free day and go out into nature and take pictures. I love all the colors and wildlife around me. When I am in the woods or down by the water it seems like that is the only place that exists.

And what is your favorite summer adventure, whether it's a memory or an item on your agenda for this year or both?

My favorite summer memories are the ones I have of my grandpa and I sitting out on the patio in Florida as the thunder storms rolled in. Me sitting on his lap and him telling me all sorts of scary stories.

3 Comments:

Blogger Yarn Mistress said...

I love your answer! =D I need to post mine soon too. I wanted to ask what brand of cotton yarn is your favorite ( peaches n creme, sugar n cream, blue sky, arucania, etc. ) I can't wait to get your package started! =D

-Dishcloth pal!

( I'd normally email instead of post, but this way, I can avoid the evil spam filter! Yay! =D )

6:42 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

I have only used PnC. I am so excited about this swap. I am in the middle of dying some lace weight yarn.

I have been having such a hard time with the spam filter.

Nicole

4:59 PM  
Blogger SissySees said...

Ooooh! Love seeing the secrets being passed between pals...

Both of my grandfathers died before I was born. I had wonderful grandmothers, but I always thought I'd missed a little something... nice glimpse of how it might have been!

Thanks for participating!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home